Radicchio Coleslaw With Fennel
Number of servings : Prep time: Cooking time: Type of meal : | Salads | Salads Special diet : Ingredients
Number of servings :
Type of meal : | Salads | Salads
Special diet :
1 L (4 cups, 350 g) green cabbage, thinly sliced
1 medium fennel bulb,thinly sliced
250 ml (1 cup) radicchio, thinly sliced
6 slices (130 g) Swiss cheese, julienned
125 ml (1/2 cup) fresh basil leaves
1 clove garlic
1 lemon, zest and juice
60 ml (4 tbsp) olive oil
60 ml (4 tbsp) mayonnaise
Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
4 radicchio leaves
- In a large bowl, combine the cabbage, fennel, radicchio and cheese and set aside.
- In a food processor, purée the basil, garlic and lemon zest.
- With the machine running, pour in the oil in a thin, steady stream. Add the mayonnaise at the very end.
- Transfer to a bowl, season with salt and pepper, and thin, if necessary, with lemon juice.
- Pour the dressing over the vegetable-cheese mixture and toss well.
- Place one whole radicchio leaf on each individual salad plate and top with coleslaw.
Imported on 2011-01-20 20:26:46 — Original ID:2170