Rainbow Fruit Salad
“When my children were young, I would often dress up fresh fruit in this easy salad. Decades later, my grandchildren and great-grandchildren still love digging in to the fruity layers. The salad goes well with barbecued meats or cold sandwiches.” —Jonnie Adams Sisler, Stevensville, Montana
Taste of Home
- 2 large firm bananas sliced
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 cups seeded cubed watermelon
- 2 cups fresh or canned pineapple chunks
- 1 pint fresh blueberries
- 3 kiwifruit peeled and sliced
- 1 pint fresh strawberries halved
- 6 ounces cream cheese softened
- 1/3 cup confectioner's sugar
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lime zest
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream whipped
- Toss bananas in lemon juice; place in a 4-qt. glass serving bowl. Add remaining fruit in layers.
- In a bowl, beat cream cheese until smooth. Gradually add sugar and the lime juice and zest. Stir in a small amount of whipped cream; mix well. Fold in remaining whipped cream. Spread over fruit. Chill until serving.
3/4 cup: 123 calories, 7g fat (5g saturated fat), 22mg cholesterol, 31mg sodium, 14g carbohydrate (10g sugars, 2g fibre), 1g protein.