Red Fife Wheat Pasta With Sweet Peppers and Grilled Chicken
Number of servings : Prep time: Cooking time: Type of meal : | Main Courses | Main Courses Special diet
Number of servings :
Type of meal : | Main Courses | Main Courses
Special diet :
1 lb (500 g) boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1 tbsp (15 mL) olive oil
1 tsp (5 mL) salt
½ tsp (2 mL) freshly ground black pepper
½ tsp (2 mL) paprika
2 tbsp (25 mL) olive oil
1 medium onion, chopped
3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
1 pinch hot red chili flakes
2 each red and yellow peppers (or 4 red peppers), peeled and cut into 2-in (5-cm) chunks
1 ½ tsp (7 mL) salt, or more to taste
½ tsp (2 mL) pepper
10 oz (300 g) fresh Red Fife wheat tubular pasta (or ¾ lb/375 g regular or whole wheat penne)
2 tbsp (25 mL) shredded fresh basil or chopped fresh parsley
½ cup (125 mL) grated Parmesan cheese (preferably Parmigiano Reggiano)
1. Rub chicken breasts with olive oil, salt, pepper and paprika. Grill on a hot barbecue or grill pan 5 to 7 minutes per side depending on thickness, until chicken is just cooked. Chicken can also be roasted on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper for 20 minutes in a preheated 375°F (190°C) oven, until
just cooked through. Cool slightly. Cut crosswise into strips.
2. For pasta sauce, heat 2 tbsp (25 mL) olive oil over medium-high heat in a large deep skillet. Add onions, garlic and hot chili flakes. Cook 4 to 5 minutes over medium heat, until tender, very fragrant and beginning to brown.
3. Add red and yellow peppers. Cook gently 15 to 20 minutes on medium heat, stirring occasionally, until peppers are wilted and very tender. If peppers are browning add ¼ cup (50 mL) water. Cook until it evaporates. Season with salt and pepper.
4. Cook pasta over medium-high heat in a large pot of boiling salted water 4 to 6 minutes for Red Fife wheat pasta or 10 to 12 minutes for regular pasta, until just tender.
5. Add ½ cup (125 mL) pasta water to sauce. Add chicken just to reheat.
6. Drain pasta well and add to chicken and peppers. Toss over low heat one minute. Add basil and Parmesan cheese. Serve immediately.
Imported on 2011-01-20 20:26:46 — Original ID:3224