Rice Croquettes with Lemon and Olives
Number of servings : Prep time: Cooking time: Type of meal : | Main Courses | Main Courses Special diet
Number of servings :
Type of meal : | Main Courses | Main Courses
Special diet :
1 small onion, minced
45 ml (3 tbsp) extra-virgin olive oil
1 clove garlic, minced
300 ml (1 1/4 cups / 250 g) Arborio rice
750 ml (3 cups) chicken stock
Salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
1 lemon, zest only, grated
60 ml (4 tbsp) black olives, pitted and chopped
60 ml (4 tbsp) parmesan cheese, grated
15 ml (1 tbsp) fresh basil, chopped
15 ml (1 tbsp) fresh parsley, chopped
125 ml (1/2 cup) mozzarella cheese, grated
500 ml (2 cups) bread crumbs
1 litre (4 cups) oil for deep frying
- In a saucepan, soften the onion in the oil without browning.
- Add the garlic and rice and cook for 1 minute, stirring well to coat the rice with oil.
- Add the stock and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to lowest setting, cover and simmer for 12 minutes, or until liquid is absorbed.
- Add the lemon zest, olives, Parmesan, basil and parsley. Season to taste with salt and pepper and stir well. Refrigerate the mixture at least 2 hours.
- Stir in the mozzarellissima and shape into 2.5-cm / 1-inch balls.
- Coat the balls with bread crumbs, pressing lightly to make sure it sticks well.
- In a deep fryer or large heavy pot, heat oil to 180°C / 350°F. Fry the croquettes a few at a time until golden, draining on paper towels as you go.
- Serve hot.
Imported on 2011-01-20 20:26:46 — Original ID:2371