Roasted Salmon with Sauteed Greens
Feeling sluggish? Tuck into some roasted salmon, which is high in iron-a proven energy-booster.
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 tsp mustard powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1-1/4 lbs salmon cut into 4 slices
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 large small red onion
- 8 oz baby spinach
- Preheat the broiler or grill.
- In a small bowl, combine the vinegar, brown sugar, mustard, and salt.
- Brush 1/2 of the mixture over the salmon.
- Broil or grill until opaque, 4 to 5 minutes, brushing with the vinegar mixture after 2 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat the oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the onion and cook until lightly browned, 2 minutes. Cover and cook until tender, 2 minutes. Add the spinach and cook until almost wilted, 1 minute.
- Add the remaining vinegar mixture and cook, stirring, until the spinach is wilted and the sauce thickens slightly, 1 minute.
- Divide the spinach mixture equally among 4 dinner plates. Top each serving with a piece of salmon.