Rudolph Christmas Cookies
Chocolate-covered pretzels and edible pens help create Rudolph. Speed up your decorating even more by substituting a round candy for his signature red nose instead of the fondant used here.
Number of servings :
Type of meal : | Cookies | Cookies
Special diet :
Basic Sugar Cookie Dough
Cookie cutters (3-inch oval and 1 1/2 –inch circle)
Food coloring (red and brown)
1 disposable frosting bag
1 size “4” decorating tipRubber band
White rolled fondant
Black edible pen*
Light corn syrup
Chocolate covered mini pretzels
- Prepare dough and frosting according to the recipes.
- Cut out cookies with the 3-inch oval cutter, bake and let cool.
- Follow the Basic Decorating Instructions to tint frosting with brown coloring and prepare a frosting bag with size “4” decorating tip. Outline oval with brown frosting and let set about 15 minutes. Flood the oval with thinned, brown frosting and let set well, at least an hour.
- Meanwhile, knead a few drops of red food coloring into a handful of rolled fondant very well until blended. Roll fondant between two pieces of wax paper about 1/8-inch thick. Cut out circles with 1 1/2 inch cutter and set aside to stiffen.
- When brown ovals are ready, dab corn syrup on the back of a red circle and adhere to decorated cookie for a nose. Adhere two pretzels for antlers with corn syrup. With black edible pen, draw eyes. Let dry overnight before packaging cookies. (Tip: If fondant gets sticky when kneading, let sit at room temperature uncovered for 15 minutes.)
(*Find black edible pens and rolled fondant at any major craft store or cake decorating supply store.)