Number of servings : Prep time: Cooking time: 20 minutes Type of meal : | Main Courses | Main Courses
Number of servings :
Cooking time: 20 minutes
Type of meal : | Main Courses | Main Courses
Special diet :
45 ml (3 tbsp) butter
1 medium onion, finely chopped
1/2 garlic clove
375 ml (2 1/2 cups) Italian Arborio rice
250 ml (1 cup) dry white wine
2 large pinches saffron
1 L (4 cups) beef stock, hot
75 ml (1/3 cup) Parmesan cheese, grated
75 ml (1/3 cup) Friulano cheese, grated
Pepper, freshly ground to taste
- In a heavy-bottomed saucepan, melt butter over medium heat. Cook onions and garlic slowly for a few minutes just to soften. Do not brown.
- Add rice. Stir well to coat each grain. Cook over high heat until rice becomes transparent.
- Add white wine. Stir constantly until all liquid is absorbed.
- Drop saffron into hot beef broth and stir. Continue cooking rice over medium/high heat, adding the broth 125 ml (1/2 cup) at a time, allowing the liquid to be absorbed each time before adding more broth. Stir regularly.
- Continue until rice is almost cooked and all broth is used.
- Add cheeses and pepper during the last few minutes of cooking. Blend well.
- Remove from heat and let sit for 5 minutes before serving.
Tip: If you have leftover risotto, shape it into flattened balls, dip the balls in beaten egg and bread crumbs, then fry to make delicious croquettes!
Imported on 2011-01-20 20:26:46 — Original ID:2244