Instead of serving pizza with a salad, combine the two for a light, healthful one-dish meal.
|Servings||Prep Time||Cook Time|
- 1 lb pizza dough
- 2 tbsp yellow cornmeal
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese grated
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 tbsp dijon mustard
- 1 tsp brown sugar
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 12 oz plum tomatoes cut into 1/2 inch wedges
- 1 red onion halved and thinly sliced
- 2 cups mozzarella shredded
- 6 cups mixed greens torn into bite-size pieces
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Roll dough out to 12-inch square on unfloured work surface. Sprinkle large baking sheet with cornmeal and place dough on top. Sprinkle Parmesan over dough. Bake until Parmesan starts to brown and pizza begins to puff, about 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in large mixing bowl, whisk together vinegar, mustard, brown sugar, and salt. Add tomatoes and onion, and toss to combine. Set aside.
- Top pizza with mozzarella and return to oven. Bake until cheese has melted and pizza bottom is crisp, about 5 minutes.
- Add salad greens to tomato mixture and toss to coat. Scatter salad over hot pizza and serve.