Salisbury Steak Deluxe
“This recipe is so good that I truly enjoy sharing it with others. I’ve always liked Salisbury steak, but I had to search a long time to find a recipe this tasty. It’s handy, too because it can be prepared ahead, kept in the refrigerator and warmed up later.” —Denise Barteet, Shreveport, Louisiana
Taste of Home
- 1 can condensed cream of mushroom soup 10-3/4 ounces, undiluted
- 1 tablespoon prepared mustard
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon prepared horseradish
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- dash pepper
- 1-1/2 pound ground beef
- 1 to 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 tablespoons Chopped fresh parsley
- In a small bowl, combine the soup, mustard, Worcestershire sauce and horseradish. Set aside. In another bowl, lightly beat the egg. Add the bread crumbs, onion, salt, pepper and 1/4 cup of the soup mixture. Crumble beef over mixture and mix well. Shape into six patties.
- In a large skillet, brown the patties in oil; drain. Combine remaining soup mixture with water; pour over patties. Cover and cook over low heat until meat is no longer pink and a thermometer reads 160°, 10-15 minutes. Remove patties to a serving platter; serve sauce with meat. Sprinkle with parsley.
1 each: 319 calories, 20g fat (7g saturated fat), 113mg cholesterol, 706mg sodium, 9g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 1g fibre), 25g protein.