Sapphire Académie Fizz With Glazed Duck Roll
This fresh and flavourful duo is a perfect choice for pool-side entertaining.
Number of servings :
Type of meal : | Main Courses | Main Courses
Special diet :
4 x Chilled 2oz shot glasses
Sapphire Académie Fizz Ingredients
1.5oz Fresh lemon juice
1 Egg white
2oz Fresh orange juice
1oz Sugar syrup
4ml Orange flower water (optional, available in bakery section of supermarkets)
1 Victoria plum for garnishing
Duck Roll Ingredients
1 pack rice paper (medium size)
500 g glazed duck
250 g rice vermicelli
1 bunch of fresh mint
1 bunch of fresh coriander
125 ml (1/2 cup) water
30 ml (2 tablespoon) white vinegar
30 ml (2 tablespoon) sugar
15 ml (1 tablespoon) hoisin sauce
30 ml (2 tablespoon) crunchy peanut butter
5 ml (1 teaspoon) pepper paste (optional)
5 ml (1 teaspoon) tapioca starch or corn starch diluted
30 ml (2 tablespoon) water (if necessary) *
Sapphire Académie Fizz
- Add all ingredients except the plum to a shaker, fill with lots of ice and shake well for a full minute to emulsify the egg white.
- Strain into the canapé shots being careful to split the mix evenly so each has a frothy top from the egg white.
- Garnish with a very thin sliver of fresh plum.
Glazed Duck Roll
- In a large bowl, pour cold water and add the noodles. Soak them until softened but slightly resilient. Drain them and pat dry on paper towels for 1-2 minutes.
- Carve duck into fine slices.
- In a pot, bring water to a boil and cook the vermicelli for 1 minute. Drain under cold water.
- In the center of the sheet, evenly distribute: one lettuce rectangle with 3 mint leaf, coriander and 15 ml (1 tablespoon) vermicelli. Close up both extremities and rolled about halfway to the top of the sheet.
- Add 3 slices of duck and keep on rolling until a fully rolled cylinder has been formed. Place it under a damp towel.
- Serve immediately or cover the rolls with damp towels.
- In a saucepan, mix water, vinegar, sugar and hoisin sauce and bring to a boil.
- Add the peanut butter.
- Add the pimento paste (optional).
- Mix well. * If the sauce does not have the desirable consistency, gradually add starch to thicken. Remove from heat and cool slightly before serving.