Sardine Salad with Almonds
High in omega-3 oils from the sardines, this salad is also rich in anti-oxidants, thanks to the orange, almonds and salad greens.
|Servings||Prep Time||Cook Time|
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 small red onion thinly sliced
- 4 cups mixed salad leaves
- 1 red bell pepper seeds removed, cut into flat pieces
- 1 yellow bell pepper seeds removed, cut into flat pieces
- 3 1/2 oz sardines in spring-water drained
- 1/4 cup raw almonds sliced
- freshly ground black pepper to taste
- juice and grated zest of 1 orange
You could use fresh sardine fillets for this recipe. After the bell peppers are cooked in Step 2, briefly grill of chargrill 3-4 fillets per person, 2 minutes on one side only.