Sausage Cheese Puffs
“People are always surprised when I tell them there are only four ingredients in this easy sausage balls recipe. Cheesy and spicy, these golden morsels are a fun novelty at a breakfast or brunch. They also make yummy appetizers.” —Della Moore, Troy, New York
Taste of Home
- 1 lb bulk Italian sausage
- 3 cups biscuit/baking mix
- 4 cups shredded Cheddar cheese
- 3/4 cup water
- Preheat oven to 400°. In a large skillet, cook sausage over medium heat until meat is no longer pink, 5-7 minutes, breaking sausage into crumbles; drain.
- In a large bowl, combine biscuit mix and cheese; stir in sausage. Add water and toss with a fork until moistened. Shape into 1-1/2-in. balls. Place 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake until puffed and golden brown, 12-15 minutes. Cool on wire racks.
1 appetizer: 89 calories, 6g fat (3g saturated fat), 14mg cholesterol, 197mg sodium, 6g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fibre), 4g protein.