Sauteed Squash with Tomatoes & Onions
“My favourite meals show a love of family and food. This zucchini dish with tomatoes is like a scaled-down ratatouille.” —Adan Franco, Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Taste of Home
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 medium onion finely chopped
- 4 medium zucchini chopped
- 2 large tomatoes finely chopped
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- In a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add onion; cook and stir until tender, 2-4 minutes. Add zucchini; cook and stir 3 minutes.
- Stir in tomatoes, salt and pepper; cook and stir until squash is tender, 4-6 minutes longer. Serve with a slotted spoon.
3/4 cup: 60 calories, 4g fat (1g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 306mg sodium, 6g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 2g fibre), 2g protein. Diabetic exchanges: 1 vegetable, 1/2 fat.