Served with wholegrain toast, this dish makes a delicious alternative to scrambled eggs, with a similar protein content but extra health benefits.
Photo: Anti-Ageing Diet Cookbook
|Servings||Prep Time||Cook Time|
- 300 g silken tofu drained
- 1/3 cup spring onions finely chopped
- 1 large green chilli de-seeded, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp snipped fresh chives
- 2 tsp light olive oil
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 1 tsp fresh ginger grated
- 2 tsp salt-reduced soy sauce
- 2 slices wholegrain bread toasted
- 1/2 green bell pepper finely diced
- Heat olive oil and sesame oil in a small frying pan over medium-high heat. Add bell pepper, ginger and chilli, and cook, stirring frequently, 3 minutes, or until softened. Add spring onions and cook, stirring, 2 minutes, until softened.
- Reduce heat to medium. Add tofu and soy sauce. With a wooden spoon, break up tofu into small pieces while gently mixing it with bell pepper mixture and cooking, 2 minutes, or until heated through and combined. Add chives and stir carefully to combine.
- Spoon scrambled tofu on top of toasted wholegrain bread and serve hot.
Cook the tofu gently. If it is overcooked, it will weep liquid. You could add 1 diced small tomato with the spring onions if you like. You'll need about 3 spring onions to obtain 1/3 cup finely chopped spring onions.