Sesame Chicken with Creamy Satay Sauce
“These exotic skewers are surprisingly simple to make but taste like they came from an Asian restaurant. Before grilling, marinate the chicken strips in a sesame salad dressing.” —Kathi Jones-DelMonte, Rochester, New York
Photo: Taste of Home
|Servings||Prep Time||Cook Time|
- 3/4 cup Asian toasted sesame salad dressing
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breast halves cut into 1-inch strips
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat cream cheese
- 1/4 cup coconut milk
- 3 tablespoons creamy peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 tablespoon reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh cilantro
- Pour salad dressing into a large resealable plastic bag. Add the chicken; seal bag and turn to coat. Refrigerate for 4 hours or overnight.
- Drain and discard marinade. Thread chicken onto metal or soaked wooden skewers. Moisten a paper towel with cooking oil; using long-handled tongs, lightly coat the grill rack.
- Grill skewers, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 10-15 minutes or until no longer pink, turning once.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine the cream cheese, coconut milk, peanut butter, lime juice, soy sauce and pepper flakes; sprinkle with cilantro. Serve chicken with sauce.
1 each: 356 calories, 22g fat (9g saturated fat), 83mg cholesterol, 692mg sodium, 10g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 1g fibre), 30g protein.