Shrimp Kebabs With Tomato Concassée
Number of servings : Prep time: Cooking time: Type of meal : | Main Courses | Main Courses Special diet
Number of servings :
Type of meal : | Main Courses | Main Courses
Special diet :
10 ml (2 tsp) coarse (Kosher) salt
2 cloves garlic, minced
3 ml (1/2 tsp) sweet smoked paprika
15 ml (1 tbsp) olive oil
5 ml (1 tsp) paprika
24 large shrimp, shelled and butterflied
2 tomatoes, peeled, seeded, diced and drained
30 ml (2 tbsp) sherry vinegar
30 ml (2 tbsp) olive oil
Salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
50 ml (1/4 cup) dried black olives, pitted and diced
8 wooden skewers, soaked in water for 30 minutes
- Combine all the ingredients for the marinade and set aside on the counter for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a bowl, combine the ingredients for the tomato concassé and set aside at room temperature.
- Preheat the barbecue.
- Thread 6 shrimp on two parallel skewers. Repeat with remaining shrimp and skewers.
- Grill one minute on each side, or until slightly opaque. Remove to a heated platter, cover and set aside for a few minutes.
- Serve the kebabs on rice with the tomato concassé on the side.
Imported on 2011-01-20 20:26:46 — Original ID:2610