“The Simple” Grilled Cheese Sandwich
Made with local BC cheeses, luxurious brioche and homemade fruit chutney, this grilled cheese, developed by chef Ned Bell of British Columbia, is simple yet unique and satisfying.
|Servings||Prep Time||Cook Time|
|1||15minutes + 30 minutes chilling time||40minutes|
|1||15minutes + 30 minutes chilling time|
- 2 oz Island Brie cut into thin slices
- 2 oz Courtenay Cheddar cut into thin slices
- 2 slices Brioche bread 1/2-inch thick
- 1 tbsp unsalted butter
- Fruit Chutney
- 1 cup blueberries fresh or frozen
- 1 cup cranberries fresh or frozen
- 1/2 cup canned tomatoes drained and diced
- 1/2 cup apple juice
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 2 tbsp liquid honey
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
If desired, in a blender or with a hand held immersion blender, puree chutney until smooth. Cover and refrigerate for up to two weeks.
If unable to find Island Brie or Courtenay Cheddar from British Columbia in your region, use any Canadian Brie or Canadian medium Cheddar.