Slow-Cooked Beef Vegetable Soup
“Convenient frozen veggies and hash browns make this meaty soup a snap to mix up. Simply brown the ground beef, then stir everything together to simmer all day. It’s wonderful served with bread and a salad.” —Carol Calhoun, Sioux Falls, South Dakota
Taste of Home
|Servings||Prep Time||Cook Time|
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 can tomato juice (46 oz.)
- 1 package frozen mixed vegetables (16 oz.), thawed
- 2 cups frozen cubed hash brown potatoes thawed
- 1 envelope onion soup mix
- In a large skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Transfer to a 5-qt. slow cooker. Stir in the tomato juice, mixed vegetables, potatoes and soup mix.
- Cover and cook on low for 8-10 hours.
1 cup: 139 calories, 4g fat (2g saturated fat), 22mg cholesterol, 766mg sodium, 16g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 3g fibre), 11g protein.