Slow-Cooked Chicken Cacciatore
An all-time favourite Italian dish made easy in the slow cooker! Dried herbs and fresh garlic give it an aromatic flavor. Green peppers, sliced mushrooms, and diced tomatoes do a fine job of rounding out the juicy chicken entree.
|Servings||Prep Time||Cook Time|
- 1/3 cup flour all-purpose
- 1 broiler chicken cut up
- 2 tbsp canola oil
- 2 medium onion cut into wedges
- 1 medium green pepper cut into strips
- 6 oz mushrooms sliced, drained
- 14 1/2 oz tomatoes diced, undrained
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp oregano dried
- 1/4 tsp basil dried
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese shredded
- Place flour in large resealable plastic bag. Add chicken, a few pieces at a time, and shake to coat. In large skillet, brown chicken in oil on all sides.
- Transfer to a 5-qt. (4.73 L) slow cooker. Top with onions, green pepper, and mushrooms. In small bowl, combine tomatoes, garlic, salt, oregano, and basil; pour over vegetables. Cover and cook on low for 4 to 5 hours or until chicken juices run clear and vegetables are tender. Serve with cheese.