Slow-Cooked Moroccan Chicken
“Herbs and spices really work their magic on plain chicken in this dish, and the dried fruit adds an exotic touch.” —Kathy Morgan, Ridgefield, Washington
Photo: Taste of Home
|Servings||Prep Time||Cook Time|
- 4 medium carrots sliced
- 2 large onion halved and sliced
- 1 broiler/fryer chicken 3 to 4 lb, cut up, skin removed
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup chopped dried apricots
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1 can reduced-sodium chicken broth 14-1/2 oz
- 1/4 cup tomato paste
- 2 tbsp all-purpose flour
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 1-1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 1-1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 3/4 tsp pepper
- Hot cooked couscous
- Place carrots and onions in a greased 5-qt. slow cooker. Sprinkle chicken with salt; add to slow cooker. Top with apricots and raisins. In a small bowl, whisk broth, tomato paste, flour, lemon juice, garlic and seasonings until blended; add to slow cooker.
- Cook, covered, on low until chicken is tender, 6-7 hours. Serve with hot cooked couscous.
1 serving: 435 calories, 9g fat (3g saturated fat), 110mg cholesterol, 755mg sodium, 47g carbohydrate (27g sugars, 6g fibre), 42g protein.