Slow-Roasted Chicken with Vegetables
“Even a beginner cook could make this slow cooked chicken and have it turn out perfectly. This recipe could not be easier. A few minutes of prep and you’ll come home to a delicious dinner.” —Anita Bell, Hermitage, Tennessee
|Servings||Prep Time||Cook Time|
- 2 medium carrots peeled, halved lengthwise and cut into 3-inch pieces
- 2 celery ribs halved lengthwise and cut into 3-inch pieces
- 8 small red potatoes quartered
- 3/4 tsp salt divided
- 1/8 tsp pepper
- 1 medium lemon halved
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 1 broiler/fryer chicken 3-4 lbs.
- 1 tbsp dried rosemary crushed
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2-1/2 tsp paprika
3 ounces cooked chicken with 2/3 cup vegetables: 329 calories, 17g fat (4g saturated fat), 88mg cholesterol, 400mg sodium, 14g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 3g fibre), 29g protein.