Speedy Macaroni and Goat Cheese
This quick and hearty meal isn’t your average mac and cheese recipe. It’s made special by the extra creamy and rich goat cheese!
|Prep Time||Cook Time|
- 1 lb macaroni
- 1/2 lb frozen peas
- 1/4 lb creamy goat cheese
- 1 zest of lemon
- 1/2 juice of lemon
- to taste salt
- to taste pepper
- Cook pasta in boiling water for 4 minutes or according to the instructions on the package.
- Add frozen peas to the pot for the final 3 minutes of the cooking time. Drain, reserving about 5 tbsp of the pasta cooking water.
- Tip the pasta into a warmed serving bowl. Combine the cooking liquid with the grated zest of 1 lemon and the squeezed juice of ½ lemon, plus seasoning. Pour over the pasta and peas.
- Crumble or dice goat cheese and add to the bowl. Toss gently to combine the ingredients, then serve with a tomato and leaf salad.