Spiced Pumpkin-Swirl Cheesecake
“I have to give my husband credit for this cheesecake. He found a recipe like it and asked if I could make it for him. I always make it for his birthday, and my young daughter loves to help.” —Monika Walsh, Monterey, California
|Servings||Prep Time||Cook Time|
|12servings||55minutes||70minutes + chilling|
|70minutes + chilling|
- 2 cups pecan halves toasted
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 3 tbsp butter melted
- 3 packages cream cheese softened, 8 ounces each
- 1 cup packed brown sugar divided
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 large eggs lightly beaten
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 1/4 tsp ground cloves
- 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
- Preheat oven to 325°. Place a greased 9-in. springform pan on a double thickness of heavy-duty foil (about 18 in. square). Wrap foil securely around pan.
- Place pecans and brown sugar in a food processor; pulse until fine crumbs form. Add butter; pulse to combine. Press onto the bottom of prepared pan. Place pan on a baking sheet. Bake until light brown, 15-20 minutes. Cool on a wire rack.
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and 3/4 cup brown sugar until smooth. Beat in sour cream and vanilla. Add eggs; beat on low speed just until blended.
- In another bowl, mix pumpkin, spices and remaining brown sugar. Stir in 1-1/2 cups of the cream cheese mixture.
- To layer, pour 1-1/2 cups plain cream cheese mixture over crust. Gently spread 1-1/3 cups pumpkin mixture over top. Repeat layers. Cut through layers with a knife to swirl. Place springform pan in a large baking pan; add 1 in. of very hot water to larger pan.
- Bake until centre is just set and top appears dull, 70-80 minutes. Remove springform pan from water bath. Cool cheesecake on a wire rack 10 minutes. Loosen sides from pan with a knife; remove foil. Cool 1 hour longer. Refrigerate overnight. Remove rim from pan.
To toast nuts, bake in a shallow pan in a 350° oven for 5-10 minutes or cook in a skillet over low heat until lightly browned, stirring occasionally.
1 slice: 483 calories, 39g fat (18g saturated fat), 133mg cholesterol, 220mg sodium, 27g carbohydrate (22g sugars, 3g fiber), 8g protein.