Spicy Cajun Potato Salad
“Here in Louisiana we have a lot of get-togethers, and if you want your dish to be chosen over all of the rest, it has to have a kick! This does the trick.” —Amanda West, Sibley, Louisiana
|Servings||Prep Time||Cook Time|
- 5 pounds medium Yukon Gold potatoes peeled and cut into 3/4-inch cubes
- 1 large yellow onion
- 1/2 medium lemon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 8 hard-boiled large eggs chopped
- 1-1/2 cups mayonnaise with olive oil and coarsely ground pepper
- 1 cup dill pickle relish
- 1/4 cup yellow mustard
- 1 to 2 tablespoons cajun seasoning
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
Test Kitchen tip
Adding lemon juice or vinegar to the water when boiling potatoes will help keep them on the firm side. This is a great tactic for potato salads, but not so much for mashed potatoes.
3/4 cup: 229 calories, 10g fat (2g saturated fat), 81mg cholesterol, 400mg sodium, 31g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 2g fibre), 5g protein.