Spinach Blueberry Salad
“Blueberries are a fun surprise in this salad. I received the recipe from a co-worker’s wife, and it’s become one of my favourites.” —Heidi Gilleland, Lees Summit, Missouri
Taste of Home
- 1/4 cup raspberry vinegar
- 2 tsp dijon mustard
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 12 cups fresh baby spinach about 10 ounces
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- 1 cup crumbled blue cheese 4 ounces
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans toasted
- Mix first four ingredients; gradually whisk in oil until blended. In a large bowl, combine salad ingredients; toss with dressing.
To toast nuts, bake in a shallow pan in a 350° oven for 5-10 minutes or cook in a skillet over low heat until lightly browned, stirring occasionally.
1 serving: 254 calories, 24g fat (5g saturated fat), 13mg cholesterol, 407mg sodium, 6g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 2g fibre), 6g protein.