Strawberry-Rhubarb Ice Pops
“These cool, creamy pops are a deliciously different way to use up the bounty from your rhubarb patch.” —Donna Linihan, Moncton, New Brunswick
Photo: Taste of Home
|Servings||Prep Time||Cook Time|
|8pops||10minutes + freezing||15minutes + cooling|
|8pops||10minutes + freezing|
|15minutes + cooling|
- 3 cups frozen rhubarb chopped
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 3 tbsp water
- 1 cup strawberry yogurt
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1/4 cup fresh strawberries finely chopped
- 2 drops red food colouring optional
- 8 freezer pop molds
- Place rhubarb, sugar and water in a large saucepan; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, until thick and blended, 10-15 minutes. Remove 3/4 cup mixture to a bowl; cool completely. (Save remaining rhubarb for another use.)
- Add yogurt, applesauce and strawberries to bowl; stir until blended. If desired, tint with food coloring. Fill each mold or cup with about 1/4 cup rhubarb mixture. Top molds with holders; top cups with foil and insert sticks through foil. Freeze until firm.
- Editor's Note: If using frozen rhubarb, measure rhubarb while still frozen, then thaw completely. Drain in a colander, but do not press liquid out.
1 pop: 72 calories, 0 fat (0 saturated fat), 2mg cholesterol, 18mg sodium, 16g carbohydrate (14g sugars, 1g fibre), 2g protein.
Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch.