Strawberry-Rhubarb Upside-Down Cake
“I prepare this colourful dessert quite often in the summer when fresh rhubarb is abundant. I make this rhubarb cake with cake mix and take it to church potlucks. People actually line up for a piece!” —Bonnie Krogman, Thompson Falls, Montana
Photo: Taste of Home
|Servings||Prep Time||Cook Time|
|12servings||15minutes||40minutes + cooling|
|40minutes + cooling|
- 5 cups sliced fresh or frozen rhubarb thawed and drained
- 1 pkg strawberry gelatin
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 cups miniature marshmallows
- 1 pkg white or yellow cake mix regular size
- whipped topping optional
- Place rhubarb in a greased 13x9-in. baking pan. Sprinkle with the gelatin, sugar and marshmallows. Prepare cake mix according to package directions; pour batter over marshmallows.
- Bake at 350° until a toothpick inserted in the centre comes out clean, 40-45 minutes. Cool for 10 minutes; invert cake onto a serving plate. Serve with whipped topping if desired.
1 piece: 353 calories, 9g fat (2g saturated fat), 47mg cholesterol, 359mg sodium, 65g carbohydrate (44g sugars, 2g fibre), 5g protein.