Stuffed Asiago-Basil Mushrooms
“Even if you don’t like mushrooms, you will have to try them again with these pretty appetizers, which taste divine. For a main dish, double the filling and use large portobellos.” —Lorraine Caland, Shuniah, Ontario
Taste of Home
|Servings||Prep Time||Cook Time|
- 24 baby portobello mushrooms stems removed, about 1 pound
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 3/4 cup shredded Asiago cheese
- 1/2 cup loosely packed basil leaves stems removed
- 1/4 tsp white pepper
- 12 cherry tomatoes halved
- Thinly sliced or shaved Parmesan cheese optional
- Preheat oven to 375°. Place mushroom caps in a greased 15x10x1-in. baking pan. Bake 10 minutes. Meanwhile, place mayonnaise, Asiago cheese, basil and pepper in a food processor; process until blended.
- Drain juices from mushrooms. Fill each with 1 rounded teaspoon mayonnaise mixture; top each with a tomato half.
- Bake until lightly browned, 8-10 minutes. If desired, top with Parmesan cheese.
1 appetizer: 35 calories, 3g fat (1g saturated fat), 5mg cholesterol, 50mg sodium, 2g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 0 fibre), 2g protein.