Sweet Onion and Cherry Pork Chops
“When I want to jump-start supper, I opt for these tender pork chops. The sweet and savory cherry sauce makes the recipe a keeper. Try serving it with wild rice pilaf.” —Stephanie Ray, Naples, Florida
Photo: Taste of Home
|Servings||Prep Time||Cook Time|
- 1/2 cup fresh or frozen pitter tart cherries thawed
- 2 tbsp chopped sweet onion
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1/2 tsp seasoned salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 2 boneless pork loin chops 5 oz each
- 1 tsp cornstarch
- 1 tsp cold water
- In a 1-1/2-qt. slow cooker, combine the first 5 ingredients; top with pork chops. Cover and cook on low until meat is tender, 3-4 hours.
- Remove meat to a serving platter; keep warm. Skim fat from cooking juices; transfer to a small saucepan. Bring liquid to a boil. Combine cornstarch and water until smooth. Gradually stir into the pan. Bring to a boil; cook and stir until thickened, about 2 minutes. Serve with meat.
1 pork chop with 1/4 cup cherry mixture: 278 calories, 8g fat (3g saturated fat), 68mg cholesterol, 425mg sodium, 23g carbohydrate (9g sugars, 1g fibre), 28g protein.
Diabetic exchanges: 4 lean meat, 1 starch, 1/2 fat.