Sweet Potato Curry With Paneer
A light, colourful curry that is very quick and easy to make, this is packed with anti-oxidant-rich vegetables. Sweet potatoes, in particular, are an excellent source of betacarotene and vitamin C, and have a higher vitamin E content than any other vegetable. Serve with naan bread.
|Servings||Prep Time||Cook Time|
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 onion chopped
- 2 garlic cloves crushed
- 500 g sweet potatoes peeled and cut into chunks
- 1 tbsp mild curry powder
- 1 tbsp fresh ginger finely chopped
- 400 g chopped tomatoes
- 100 ml vegetable stock
- 1 cup frozen peas thawed if necessary
- 250 g paneer or firm tofu cut into 1-1/2 cm cubes
- 2 tbsp fresh mint chopped
- Heat the vegetable oil in a large frying pan and fry the onion and garlic gently, stirring occasionally, for 4–5 minutes until softened.
- Add the sweet potatoes and cook, stirring, for 2 minutes, then stir in the curry powder and ginger and cook for 30 seconds.
- Stir in the tomatoes with their juice, and the stock. Bring to the boil, then reduce the heat, cover and cook gently for 12–15 minutes until the sweet potato is tender when pierced with a knife.
- Stir in the peas and simmer for 3 minutes, then add the diced paneer or tofu and cook for a further 2 minutes until heated thoroughly. Season to taste, scatter with the chopped mint and serve hot.