Tacos on a Stick
“Teens like assembling these creative kabobs almost as much as they like devouring them. The whole family is sure to love the sensational Southwestern flavour of this twist on beef shish kabobs.” —Dixie Terry, Goreville, Illinois
Taste of Home
|Servings||Prep Time||Cook Time|
|6servings||15minutes + marinating||15minutes|
|6servings||15minutes + marinating|
- 1 envelope taco seasoning
- 1 cup tomato juice
- 2 tbsp canola oil
- 2 lb beef top sirloin steak cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 medium green pepper cut into chunks
- 1 medium sweet red pepper cut into chunks
- 1 large onion cut into wedges
- 16 cherry tomatoes
- Salsa con queso or sour cream optional
- In a large shallow dish, combine the taco seasoning, tomato juice and oil; mix well. Remove 1/2 cup for basting; refrigerate. Add beef and turn to coat. Cover; refrigerate for at least 5 hours.
- Drain and discard marinade from beef. On metal or soaked wooden skewers, alternately thread beef, peppers, onion and tomatoes. Grill, uncovered, over medium heat for 3 minutes on each side. Baste with reserved marinade. Continue turning and basting until meat reaches desired doneness, 8-10 minutes. If desired, serve with salsa con queso or sour cream.
1 serving: 277 calories, 10g fat (3g saturated fat), 61mg cholesterol, 665mg sodium, 12g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 2g fibre), 34g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 4 lean meat, 2 vegetable, 1 fat.