Tagliatelle with Three Cheeses
Number of servings : Prep time: Cooking time: Type of meal : | Main Courses | Main Courses Special diet
Number of servings :
Type of meal : | Main Courses | Main Courses
Special diet :
450 g (1 lb) tagliatelle
15 ml (1 tbsp) butter
45 ml (3 tbsp) oil
1 small onion, finely chopped
1 whole garlic clove
110 g (4 oz) ham, in strips
30 ml (4 oz) flour
125 ml (1/2 cup) white wine
375 ml (1 1/2 cups) veal or beef stock
500 ml (2 cups) 35% cream
75 ml (1/3 cup) Blue cheese, diced
75 ml (1/3 cup) Parmesan cheese, diced
75 ml (1/3 cup) Brie cheese, diced
Salt and pepper to taste
Parmesan shavings to taste
Chopped chives to taste
- Cook pasta in plenty of boiling salted water until al dente.
- Meanwhile, in a large frying pan, melt butter in the oil. Soften the onion and garlic for a few minutes over low heat. Add the ham. Sprinkle with flour. Stir to blend. Cook 2 minutes while stirring.
- Add white wine, reduce for 5 minutes. Add stock and cream. Cook 10 minutes. Remove garlic clove.
- Add cheeses, stirring constantly with a wooden spoon, until sauce is smooth and creamy. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Drain pasta. Toss well with sauce in a large heated bowl.
- Serve with Parmesan shavings and chopped chives.
Imported on 2011-01-20 20:26:46 — Original ID:2229