Tangy Tropical Chicken
“In this colourful dish, exotic fruits such as mango and pineapple beautifully complement the chicken and lend a pleasant hint of sweetness that’s balanced by a bit of soy sauce.” —Christina Aho, Naples, Florida
Taste of Home
|Servings||Prep Time||Cook Time|
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breasts cut into 1-inch strips
- 2 cups chopped peeled mangoes
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 1 medium sweet red pepper sliced
- 1 garlic clove minced
- 1 cup unsweetened pineapple juice
- 1 cup orange juice
- 1/4 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2 tbsp Thai chili sauce
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 2 tbsp cornstarch
- 2 tbsp cold water
- Hot cooked rice and thinly sliced green onions
- Place chicken in a 3-qt. slow cooker. Top with mangoes, onion, red pepper and garlic. In a small bowl, combine the pineapple juice, orange juice, soy sauce, chili sauce and pepper; pour over chicken. Cover and cook on low until chicken is tender, 4-5 hours.
- Remove chicken mixture to a serving platter; keep warm. Transfer cooking juices to a small saucepan. Bring juices to a boil. Combine cornstarch and water until smooth; gradually stir into the pan. Bring to a boil; cook and stir until thickened, about 2 minutes. Serve with chicken mixture, rice and green onions.
1 cup: 299 calories, 3g fat (1g saturated fat), 63mg cholesterol, 760mg sodium, 42g carbohydrate (29g sugars, 3g fibre), 26g protein.