Tempting Turkey Bites With Tomato and Fruit Salsa
Number of servings : Prep time: Cooking time: Type of meal : | Side Dishes | Side Dishes Special diet
Number of servings :
Type of meal : | Side Dishes | Side Dishes
Special diet :
900 g turkey breast (in one piece)
3 egg whites
1 cup fresh breadcrumbs
1/2 teaspoon finely chopped garlic
1/2 teaspoon ground celery seeds
1/2 teaspoon paprika
1/4 teaspoon hot chili powder
1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
1/3 cup all-purpose flour
2 tablespoons olive oil
2 large tomatoes, diced
1 mango, diced, or 2 peaches, skinned and diced
- Preheat the oven to 180°C. Pull off the skin from the turkey breast and remove the meat from the bone. Cut the breast across into 2.5 cm slices. Cut the slices into 2.5 cm strips.
- Lightly whisk the egg whites together in a shallow dish until just foamy. In another shallow dish, combine the bread crumbs with the garlic, celery seeds, paprika, chili powder and half of the pepper, then spread out evenly.
- Dredge the turkey strips very lightly with flour, then dip into the egg whites to cover completely. Finally, coat with the seasoned breadcrumbs. Place on a paper towel.
- In a large non-stick frying pan, heat 1 1/2 teaspoons of the oil over moderate heat.
- Add one-quarter of the turkey strips and cook for 2–3 minutes or until browned on all sides. Transfer to a large baking tray.
- Brown the remainder of the strips, in three batches, using the rest of the oil. Then bake the turkey for about 15 minutes, or until tender and cooked through.
- Meanwhile, make the salsa. In a bowl, combine the diced tomatoes, mango and remaining pepper. Serve with the turkey bites.
Imported on 2011-01-20 20:26:46 — Original ID:256