“While visiting a friend who had just moved to St. Louis, Missouri, I tried these toasted ravioli at almost every restaurant! When I got home, I had to try to replicate them, and this recipe comes pretty close.” —Cristina Carrera, Kenosha, Wisconsin
Photo: Taste of Home
|Servings||Prep Time||Cook Time|
- 1 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup Shredded Parmesan cheese
- 2 tsp dried basil
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 large eggs lightly beaten
- 1 package frozen beef ravioli thawed, 9 ounces
- Oil for deep-fat frying
- Fresh minced basil and additional shredded Parmesan cheese optional
- 1 cup marinara sauce
- In a shallow bowl, mix bread crumbs, Parmesan cheese and basil. Place flour and eggs in separate shallow bowls. Dip ravioli in flour to coat both sides; shake off excess. Dip in egg, then in crumb mixture, patting to help coating adhere.
- In a deep cast-iron or electric skillet, heat 1/2 in. of oil to 375°. Fry ravioli, a few at a time, until golden brown, 1-2 minutes on each side. Drain on paper towels. If desired, immediately sprinkle with basil and cheese. Serve warm with marinara sauce.
1 piece: 73 calories, 5g fat (1g saturated fat), 6mg cholesterol, 117mg sodium, 6g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 1g fibre), 2g protein.