Number of servings : Prep time: Cooking time: Type of meal : | Desserts | Desserts Special diet : Ingredients
Number of servings :
Type of meal : | Desserts | Desserts
Special diet :
125 ml (1/2 cup) unsalted butter, softened
125 ml (1/2 cup) sugar
3 egg yolks
250 ml (1 cup) all-purpose flour
5 ml (1 tsp) baking powder
75 ml (1/3 cup) milk
4 egg whites
250 ml (1 cup) sugar
1 egg yolk
30 ml (2 tbsp) sugar
250 ml (1 cup) milk
25 ml (1 1/2 tbsp) cornstarch
3 ml (1/2 tsp) vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 175°C / 325°F. Line 2 23-cm / 9-inch cake pans with parchment paper.
- In a bowl, beat the butter with the sugar. Add remaining ingredients and mix just until blended. Pour batter into pans. Set aside.
- In a clean bowl, beat the egg whites until they hold a soft peak. Gradually add sugar, 15 ml / 1 tbsp at a time, and continue beating until the stiff-peak stage. Spread evenly over the batter in both pans.
- Bake 30 minutes, turn oven off, open oven door slightly and let cakes rest inside for 20 minutes. Remove from oven and cool
- In a saucepan, whisk together all the ingredients. Cook over low heat, stirring until thick. Set aside and cool.
- Unmold one cake and place it meringue-side down on a serving platter. Spread the cooled custard over the top and place the other cake on top, meringue-side up. Serve.
Imported on 2011-01-20 20:26:46 — Original ID:2442