Tortellini with Tomato Spinach Cream Sauce
“I enjoy all things pasta, and tortellini is my favourite. The flavour of this dish is amazing. Even my husband, who hates pasta of any kind, loves it! It’s a great recipe for non-spinach fans to try, too.” —Jenny Dubinsky, Inwood, West Virginia
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 small onion chopped
- 3 garlic cloves minced
- 1 can petite diced tomatoes undrained, 14-1/2 oz
- 5 oz frozen chopped spinach thawed and squeezed dry (about 1/2 cup)
- 1 tsp dried basil
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 package frozen cheese tortellini 19 oz
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
Test Kitchen tips
- Serve this lightly sauced pasta dish in shallow bowls.
- If it's not a meal unless there's meat, stir in cooked, crumbled Italian sausage toward the end of cooking.
1 cup: 404 calories, 22g fat (13g saturated fat), 80mg cholesterol, 810mg sodium, 38g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 4g fibre), 13g protein.