Twice-Baked Sweet Potatoes with Bacon
“This side always takes my guests by surprise because of the smoky, creamy flavour. No doubt you’ll get major kudos when you place these potatoes on your table.” —Cynthia Boberskyj, Rochester, NY
Photo: Taste of Home
|Servings||Prep Time||Cook Time|
- 6 medium sweet potatoes (about 12 oz each)
- 1/4 cup butter softened
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp pepper
- 2 cups shredded Cheddar cheese
- 6 bacon strips cooked and crumbled
- Preheat oven to 375°. Scrub sweet potatoes; pierce each several times with a fork. Place in a foil-lined 15x10x1-in. baking pan; bake until tender, 1 to 1-1/4 hours. Cool slightly.
- Cut a thin slice off the top of each potato; discard slice. Scoop out pulp, leaving thin shells. In a large bowl, mash pulp with butter, salt and pepper; stir in cheese and bacon. Spoon into potato shells.
- Return to pan. Bake until heated through, 15-20 minutes.
1 stuffed potato: 611 calories, 24g fat (13g saturated fat), 66mg cholesterol, 683mg sodium, 84g carbohydrate (34g sugars, 10g fiber), 17g protein.