“I like to make classic chicken recipes for my family but the real fun is trying a fresh new twist.” —Krisen Heigl, Staten Island, New York
- 1-1/2 cups finely chopped peeled English cucumber
- 1 cup Plain Greek yogurt
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 1-1/2 teaspoons chopped fresh dill
- 1-1/2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 large egg
- 1/3 cup 2% milk
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves 6 ounces each
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- lemon wedges optional
Test Kitchen tips
- An English cucumber works well in this recipe because it's seedless and doesn't thin out the sauce. But regular cucumber can be used, too—just seed before chopping.
- Make the sauce before preparing the rest of the recipe so the garlic mellows and flavours meld.
- Serve with lemon wedges for a pop of bright citrus flavour.
1 chicken breast half with 1/3 cup sauce: 482 calories, 27g fat (7g saturated fat), 133mg cholesterol, 737mg sodium, 17g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 1g fibre), 41g protein.