“If you like stuffed peppers, you’ll love this speedy version. It offers all the comforting flavour of the original, but takes just half an hour. Instead of cooking the instant rice, you can use 2 cups leftover cooked rice if you have it on hand.” —Beth Dewyer, Du Bois, Pennsylvania
Taste of Home
- 1 cup uncooked instant rice
- 1 pound ground beef
- 2 medium green peppers cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 jar marinara sauce 26 ounces
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt-free seasoning blend
- 1/2 cup shredded Italian cheese blend
- 1/2 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Preheat oven to 350°. Cook rice according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, in a large cast-iron or other ovenproof skillet, cook beef, green peppers and onion over medium-high heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in rice, marinara sauce and seasoning blend. Stir in cheese.
- Toss bread crumbs and oil; sprinkle over the top. Bake until heated through and topping is golden brown, 8-10 minutes.
1 serving: 343 calories, 12g fat (5g saturated fat), 43mg cholesterol, 469mg sodium, 38g carbohydrate (12g sugars, 3g fibre), 20g protein.