Add some freshness to your winter with this amazing orange dessert.
Shutterstock | MaKo-studio
|Prep Time||Passive Time|
- 2 tbsp orange zest grated finely
- 4 oranges
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup water
- 3 tbsp orange liqueur
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp fresh mint leaves cut in thin strips
- 4 springs fresh mint
- Remove the specified amount of zest from the oranges, then peel with a sharp knife, removing all the white pith.
- Remove the membrane from each segment, and place the segments in a bowl.
- In a small saucepan, dissolve the sugar in the water and boil for 2 minutes. Remove from heat, add the orange zest, orange liqueur and vanilla. Pour the hot mixture over the orange segments and let sit for 2 hours.
- Add the mint strips and stir gently. Serve garnished with mint sprigs.