Veal with Lemon and Thyme
Number of servings : Prep time: Cooking time: Type of meal : | Main Courses | Main Courses Special diet
Number of servings :
Type of meal : | Main Courses | Main Courses
Special diet :
50 mL (1/4 cup) flour
Salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
600 g (1 1/3 lb) veal tenderloin, cut into 8 thick médaillons
2 cloves garlic, peeled and crushed with the blade of a knife
45 mL (3 tbsp) olive oil
125 mL (1/2 cup) chicken or veal stock
1 lemon, sliced
30 mL (2 tbsp) freshly squeezed lemon juice
1 package (250 g) mozzarella di Bufala cheese, cut in 8 slices
Thyme fresh, to taste
- Flour the veal pieces and season with salt and pepper. Set aside.
- In a pan, cook the garlic gently in oil for a few minutes to release its flavour. Remove garlic.
- Sauté the veal for 1 to 2 minutes on each side.
- Remove from pan and keep warm.
- Deglaze the pan with the stock and reduce for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Return the veal to the pan and add the lemon slices and lemon juice.
- Top each piece of veal with a slice of cheese.
- Turn off heat, cover and let sit until cheese melts slightly.
- Sprinkle with thyme and serve.
Imported on 2011-01-20 20:26:46 — Original ID:2382