Vegetable Salad with Tuna
This salad cleverly combines tuna with frozen and fresh vegetables to create a pretty plate full of flavour and nutrients.
Number of servings : 4
Prep time: 35-45 minutes
Cooking time: 15 minutes
Type of meal : | Salads | Salads
Special diet :
1 1/2 cups (150 g) frozen peas
150 g frozen green beans
3 chilled cooked potatoes (waxy variety), unpeeled
1 yellow and 1 green bell pepper
1 medium white onion
2 large tomatoes
2/3 cup (100 g) green olives stuffed with pimiento
1 small clove garlic, finely chopped
4 tablespoons mayonnaise
1 tablespoon olive oil
2 tablespoons lemon juice
freshly ground black pepper
1 can (180 g) water–packed tuna, drained
lemon wedges, to serve
- Bring 1/2 cup (125 ml) water to a boil in a saucepan with 1/2 teaspoon salt. Add frozen peas and beans, cover and cook 5 minutes. Pour into strainer, reserving liquid. Drain vegetables and let cool.
- Peel potatoes and cut into small cubes. Trim peppers and cut into short strips. Slice onion into rings. Halve tomatoes, remove seeds and cut into eighths.
- Halve olives if desired. Place olives, peas, beans, capsicum strips, onion rings, tomato wedges and diced potatoes in a serving bowl.
- Combine garlic, mayonnaise, oil, lemon juice and 3 tablespoons of reserved vegetable cooking water. Stir together until smooth. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Pour mayonnaise mixture over vegetables. Flake tuna a little. Arrange on vegetables. Serve with lemon wedges.