“After this ruby red pie got rave reviews on Thanksgiving, I was happy to bake it again for Christmas dinner. The naturally tart cranberries are perfectly sweetened and accented with walnuts, raisins and lemon.” —Shirley Glaab, Hattiesburg, Mississippi
Photo: Taste of Home
|Servings||Prep Time||Cook Time|
|8servings||30minutes||30minutes + cooling|
|30minutes + cooling|
- pastry for double-crust pie 9 inches
- 1 tbsp cornstarch
- 1/4 cup water
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup light corn syrup
- 1 tsp grated lemon zest
- 1 package fresh or frozen cranberries 12 ounces
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 2 tbsp butter
- On a floured surface, roll half the dough to fit a 9-in. pie plate; trim to 1 in. beyond rim of plate. Set remaining dough aside. Refrigerate both until ready to fill.
- In a large saucepan, combine cornstarch and water until smooth. Stir in the sugar, corn syrup and lemon zest; bring to a boil over medium heat. Add cranberries and raisins; cook and stir for 4-6 minutes or until the berries pop. Remove from the heat; stir in walnuts and butter. Cool completely. Pour into crust.
- Roll out remaining pastry; make a lattice or decorative crust. Seal or flute edges. Bake at 425° for 30-40 minutes or until filling is bubbly and crust is golden brown. Cool on a wire rack.
1 piece: 523 calories, 22g fat (8g saturated fat), 18mg cholesterol, 241mg sodium, 83g carbohydrate (36g sugars, 3g fibre), 4g protein.