Walnut Mincemeat Pie
“As a cold and tasty finishing touch, my husband and I usually put a dip of ice cream on top of our mincemeat pie slices. The recipe comes from my mother. Each year, I make it for Christmas and for my sister-in-law’s New Year’s party.” —Laverne Kamp, Kutztown, Pennsylvania
Photo: Taste of Home
|Servings||Prep Time||Cook Time|
|8servings||15minutes||50minutes + cooling|
|50minutes + cooling|
- dough for single-crust pie
- 2 large eggs room temperature
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 tbsp all-purpose flour
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 2 cups prepared mincemeat
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/4 cup butter melted
- Preheat oven to 400°. On a lightly floured surface, roll dough to a 1/8-in. circle. Line a 9-in. pie plate with crust; trim and flute edge. In a large bowl, lightly beat eggs. Combine the sugar, flour and salt; gradually add to eggs. Stir in mincemeat, walnuts and butter; pour into crust.
- Bake for 15 minutes. Reduce heat to 325° bake until a knife inserted in the centre comes out clean, 35-40 minutes. Cool completely. Store in the refrigerator.
1 piece: 440 calories, 18g fat (7g saturated fat), 73mg cholesterol, 231mg sodium, 65g carbohydrate (45g sugars, 2g fibre), 5g protein.