Warm Cinnamon-Apple Topping
“You’ll quickly warm up to the old-fashioned taste of this cinnamon-apple topping. Spoon it over vanilla ice cream or slices of pound cake.” —Doris Heath, Franklin, North Carolina
Photo: Taste of Home
|Servings||Prep Time||Cook Time|
- 3 medium tart apples peeled and sliced
- 3 medium pears peeled and sliced
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup butter melted
- 2 tbsp cornstarch
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1/4 cup raisins
- 2 cinnamon sticks (3 inch)
- Pound cake or ice cream
- In a 3-qt. slow cooker, toss apples and pears with lemon juice. Mix brown sugar, maple syrup, butter and cornstarch; pour over fruit. Stir in pecans, raisins and cinnamon sticks.
- Cook, covered, on low until fruit is tender, 3-4 hours. Discard cinnamon sticks. Serve with cake or ice cream.
1/4 cup (calculated without cake): 95 calories, 4g fat (1g saturated fat), 5mg cholesterol, 22mg sodium, 16g carbohydrate (14g sugars, 1g fiber), 0 protein.