White Chocolate Cereal Bars
“A friend shared with me this fresh take on traditional crispy treats. My husband loves them, and I feel so efficient with their quick prep time.” —Anne Powers, Munford, Alabama
- 4 cups miniature marshmallows
- 8 oz white baking chips about 1-1/3 cups
- 1/4 cup butter cubed
- 6 cups crisp rice cereal
- In a Dutch oven, combine marshmallows, baking chips and butter. Cook and stir over medium-low heat until melted. Remove from heat. Add cereal; stir to coat.
- Transfer to a greased 13x9-in. pan; gently press mixture evenly into pan. Cut into bars.
Test Kitchen tip
- To make White Chocolate Cereal Eggs, pack the cereal mixture into egg molds or clean 2-piece plastic Easter eggs to form an egg shape. If desired, decorate with sprinkles.
1 bar: 79 calories, 3g fat (2g saturated fat), 3mg cholesterol, 58mg sodium, 13g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 0 fibre), 0 protein.