Wings and Drumsticks in BBQ Sauce
- 4 small turkey drumsticks
- 4 turkey wings cut up (discard tips)
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 3/4 cup ketchup
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tbsp dijon mustard
- 1 tsp chili powder
- Tabasco to taste
- Pre-boil the wings and drumsticks for 30 minutes. In a saucepan, add oil and sauté onions 2 minutes. Reduce heat. Add brown sugar, continue to cook and stir on medium heat 2 minutes.
- Remove from heat. Add all other ingredients. Reserve half the sauce.
- Brush the pieces with sauce and cook approximately 15 minutes on each side.
- Cook the turkey pieces on a lightly oiled grill about 5 inches (13 cm) above charcoal or on a gas barbecue, using medium heat. Brush often during cooking. Turkey is cooked when juices run clear. Serve with reserved sauce.