Yellow Squash & Watermelon Salad
“I always enjoy taking this healthy option to parties and potlucks, and people really seem to appreciate it. No oil is necessary for this salad; the lemon juice combines with the feta to lightly coat the bright, fresh ingredients.” —Camille Parker, Chicago, Illinois
Photo: Taste of Home
- 6 cups cubed seedless watermelon
- 2 medium yellow summer squash chopped
- 2 medium zucchini chopped
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- 12 fresh mint leaves torn
- 1 tsp salt
- 8 cups fresh arugula or baby spinach
- 1 cup crumbled feta cheese 4 ounces
- In a large bowl, combine the first 6 ingredients. Just before serving, add arugula and cheese; toss gently to combine.
1 cup: 61 calories, 2g fat (1g saturated fat), 5mg cholesterol, 299mg sodium, 10g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 2g fibre), 3g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 vegetable, 1/2 fruit.