“I have always liked Italian ricotta cheesecakes, but they have too much sugar for me. I made a light version, and my family couldn’t even tell the difference! I serve mine with sugar-free strawberry ice cream topping and fresh strawberries.” —Diane Shipley, Mentor, Ohio
|Servings||Prep Time||Cook Time|
- 2 packages reduced-fat cream cheese 8 ounces each
- 2 cups reduced-fat ricotta cheese
- sugar substitute blend (made with sucralose) equivalent to 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 2 cups vanilla yogurt
- 1/2 cup butter melted
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 large eggs room temperature, lightly beaten
- fresh strawberries halved, optional
This recipe was tested with Splenda sugar blend.
1 slice: 246 calories, 15g fat (9g saturated fat), 91mg cholesterol, 231mg sodium, 19g carbohydrate (16g sugars, 0 fibre), 9g protein.